ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
The first phase of the 5-stage process that would includes our initial design schemes and sketches that would define the general scope and conceptual thoughts of the project including scale and relationships between the overall building/space design. During and at the end of this stage, we will present our initial ideas and final scheme for approval by you as the Owner/Client.
This is the second stage where a project’s schematic design has been approved and we develop and design the details and select materials. This is the time when any consultants required for the project start their work, and based upon the scope of the project, could include Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineers, lighting designers, interior designers, surveyors, filing consultants, etc. The guidelines for the project are determined and the drawings are prepared to incorporate any and all trades required to carry out the project.
The bidding and negotiation phase involves the establishment and administration of the bidding process, issuance of addenda, evaluation of proposed substitutions, review of bidder qualifications, analysis of bids, and selection of the contractor(s) for the particular project.
We will prepare contract documents (ie construction documents) as required specifically for the project. Some projects require more or less details depending on what type of renovation or new construction project is at hand. These documents would include the written and graphic documents prepared for communicating the project design for construction and administering the construction contract. They can consist of drawings, specifications, contracting requirements, procurement requirements and resource drawings. The drawings and specifications provide essential information for the building design.
The construction administration phase is the last phase of the project which commences with the award of the construction contract and ends when the final payment to the Contractor is made. Depending on the depth of the project, this service would normally include Pre-Construction Meetings, Site Visits and Job Meetings, submittals review from Contractor for materials and/or methods of construction, Requests for Information (RFI), Payment Applications and Completion Inspections or Punchlists.
- Project Administration
- Contract Bidding and Negotiation
- Project Monitoring & Management
- Residential & New Home Construction
- Remodeling & Conversion Planning
- Space Planning
- Collaboration With Interior Designers
- Floor Plans & Layout Implementation
ORGANIZATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
- Real Estate Pre-Purchase Consultation
- Apartment Pre-Consideration
- Individual Design Planning
- Preparation and Filing of Department of Building (DOB) Applications
- Landmark Preservation Commission (LPC) Applications
- Project Development and Coordination
- Basic Evaluation
- Zoning and Air Rights Analysis and Reports
- State of New York
- State of Connecticut
- Member of American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- NCARB – National Council of Architect Registration Boards
- Member and Past Chairman of the Board of the St. Andrews Society of New York
- Past President of the New York Auburn Club